Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Kind of a screw up :S

Ok so I think I have just taken the grand prize on ways not to make a good impression in your new job! So like it has been said before I got a job on the TOC list in Merritt, so yay for me. I registered for this workshop, because a) I thought it would be interesting (although i had no idea what it was about I was told the speaker was amazing) and b) I thought it would be a good way to meet teachers in the district. Anyway so the schedule of the weekly events for workshops this week was given to me, and for some reason I had it set in my mind that the workshop was on Wednesday. So I was all set for my very long day tomorrow, being that I would have had to leave my house at like 630am. So I was on my computer double checking that I knew how to get to the place etc. I had the address, the map of how to get there, I felt prepared. And then I checked the actual schedule to see what time it was on, and yup it was 8-12.. so we are good to go right? Nope because the workshop isn't tomorrow it was TODAY! I feel like such an idiot. I don't know how I screwed that up. I knew it was the 29th, but i just thought that was tomorrow. I guess I should have clued in, when I was signing something to mail today and the 29th seemed oddly familiar to me. Now I know why. Seriously I am such an idiot! Way to make an impression! But I emailed the guy who registed me, and apologized and explained I got my dates mixed up. At least I took the blame for my own mistake...

No comments: