Friday, August 18, 2006

interview part 2

Well my mom so kindly offered to come with me this morning. Which made me happy because then I didn't have to fill up my car with gas before the drive (although i should fill up since gas is only 113.0 here yahoo!) and I could stress all I want and not worry about the oncoming traffic! So as we got closer and closer to merritt I became more and more nervous. We arrived kind of early so once we found the board office we took a little drive to check Merritt out. I have to admit it is a cute little town. And we didn't even go to the "city center". So then we went back to the board office and the butterflies kicked in big time.. I went in and asked for they lady who was interviewing me and took a seat on the couch and waited. She came out right away, shook my hand introduced herself and took me to her office. We started off with small talk talking about the weather and stuff, and then she told me she had 13 questions to ask me.. So we went through all the questions and then she said to me........... "well I am going to put you on our TOC list so welcome to the district!" So then I filled out some paper work, and now I guess I just sit and wait for the first call!! She told me that in the years previous those who live in Merritt usually do get the first call before those who commute.. So in the next few weeks I have a decision to make. I can either stay here and commute for now, or move there... I was also told that my name can be on another TOC list as well... so if Kamloops were to hire me that would be an option to do both. But the exciting thing and the most important thing right now is that I am on the list :) So now I just have to get some work... And she gave me information about a workshop that is at the end of the month... I have to go through it and see if anything interests me.. but I am thinking it would be to my advantage to go, start meeting some teachers and stuf... How tacky would it be to have some cards made and hand them out to the teachers there :) haha... Things are finally going my way!!

1 comment:

lilfeathers2000 said...

Thats wonderful. Sounds like you did great.
I recall going with my daughter to one of her interviews. I wondered around the new town and had a wonderful time. It was really cool.