Saturday, August 12, 2006

Lac Le Jeune





Today was a family event... my parents have decided that they want to go camping since they have not been in years. So today we drove up to Lac Le Jeune (about 20 min or so out of town) to find them the "perfect" campsite.. My sister and i went up with my mom and then my dad followed shortly behind pulling the tent trailer. so we set up camp, and then we had lunch. After we ate my parents continued to set up, so my sister and I were kind of bored so we came back to town. But despite the fact I was freezing up there. It was a lot cooler than I expected it to be, I forgot how much I love camping. Just being outside, I don't really know what it is. But I miss it. We used to go to Scotch Creek every year as a family. But as we got older and us kids got jobs it was harder to do the family events. Plus everything is changed now, and you have to make reservations a year in advance which is kind of annoying. But I miss going for the bike rides along the trails, and playing card games. And I miss going down to the beach, and once and awhile going tubing when our family friends brought their boat.. So I have decided I need to go camping.. perhaps not this summer since it is almost over, but maybe next summer! I get so jealous when other ppl get to go, so maybe next year will be my turn :)

No comments: