Thursday, August 03, 2006

Addicted to the internet??

Well the last week or so I have been having a lot of trouble with my internet connection. It will be working fine, and then the computer freezes, and when I look down at the little box thing, the online light is flashing red. So I usually curse it, turn the computer off and attempt to find something else to do to kill some time. And it normally comes back on with a few hours. At least when it goes out at night it is a good reason to go to bed!! So Tuesday night night it went out just before midnight, and by 4pm yesterday it still wasn't back up and I was going crazy. so I began thinking am I addicted to the internet? In some ways I think I am. See some people use the internet for business purposes, or during the school year I tend to use it for more educational purposes. But most of the time, my internet is my connection to all of my friends! I am usually signed in to msn. It keeps me in contact with all of my friends, from all around the world :) so when I can't come online at any time to chat, or see who is online I start to go crazy. Also my friend Soph and I have this thing where we send each other at least one email a day, so it was driving me nuts not to be able to see what she had to say, and that I could not send her my daily email!! Also this blog has kind of become an addiction. I like to post entries, even if very few (if anyone) read them! It is a chance for me to express what is on my mind.
so lets rewind a bit, yesterday by 4pm when my internet was not working I phoned shaw and sat on hold. I finally got through, and the guy on the phone said that I had a very bad connection, and it was something to do with the cable lines. Like I didn't know I had a bad connection, the internet didn't work!So he told me they would send someone here on Friday. At first I was like ok, gives me a chance to pack with little distraction (haha). However, by some fluke I decided to take a peak this morning and I saw a steady green light, so on went the computer!! Who knows how long it will last, and the guy will be here tomorrow regardless... In the meantime I am happy to say I am back and connected :) And if I truly am addicted to the internet (which I am pretty sure I am)... I just think there are worst things that I could be addicted to!

No comments: