Monday, August 14, 2006

Why I have never taken up golf...



This morning I recieved a phone call from my parents, asking that I drive out to the lake and pick up the dog because I guess she was driving my parents crazy. So I drove out there, stayed for a quick visit and then came back to town so that I could get Julia to work at 1. Then the phone rang again and it was the Loewens inviting me to go mini golfing. Laura is babysitting this girl Rachel and we thought it would be to take her out to do something. So Yvonne (laura's mom) myself, Laura and Rachel headed down to the mini golf course. I haven't been golfing in a long time so I was really looking forward to it. However by the end of the game, I remembered why I have never taken up real golf. I am not very good! At the end of the 18 holes I had the highest score... That means I won right? haha.. I think the lowest par I got on any given hole was 2, and the highest I got was a 7.. oops. It was a hard one. My favorite is when it would roll right back to the begining.
And of course little Rachel thought that was the funniest thing ever. Especially when she got one of the holes towards the end in 2 and it took Laura and I at least 7 strokes. It could have been more, but we stopped counting! After that I came home to spend some time with my poor dog, who was whining for attention. And then the Loewens had me over for dinner since I am currently home alone. It was so good! But the more I think about the golf game today I think I am going to have to challenge them again.. I was out of practice... or at least that is what I will tell myself!

No comments: