Thursday, August 10, 2006

Getting settled

Well today is the second full day in Kamloops. So I am slowly getting used to the idea that I am at home living with my parents!!! It isn't too bad. Although one of the first things my dad said to me was "I hope you are aware of the house rules". At first I thought he was kidding but appearantly not. So I am being on excellent behaviour and doing my best to pick up after myself. Not that I didn't do it before, but there were times when I would say just go to bed without putting say my water glass away or something... but I don't want to rock the boat here! I am going to start helping out with the household chores, I figured it was the least I could do considering I am living here for free!
So today was a fairly easy day. I got up and went grocery shopping with my mom, just to get out of the house and hang out with my mom which was nice. Then I came home had some lunch, and took Julia to work. So then of course I made my rounds at CT easier to do these days because I don't know anyone who works there. But I was offered my job back, so that is good to know that I have something to fall back on while I sit and wait for my teaching job :)
But Kamloops will be good whether or not it will be a long term thing or just for a few weeks... only time will tell :)

No comments: