Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Good-bye Prince George

Well two years ago I packed up my life in Kamloops and moved to Prince George to enter the education program at UNBC. But one of the reasons I applied up there was because my best friend Jared was moving up there so I figured I would take the chance so we could go on the adventure together! The time went by very fast. I had my moments where I truly hated Prince George. For example the cement baracades everywhere so that if you take a wrong turn it is nearly impossible to turn around. And I could have done without the cold. However I did meet some amazing people. I don't think I would have ever gotten through that program without my friends. At one point I kind of thought I was just there for school and I would get out as soon as I was done. But as the years went by I grew attached and could see myself making Prince George a more long term place to stay. And I would have if the circumstaces would have been different in regards to teaching. So I spent the last week or so in July packing and dreading the day I had to leave. On the Monday (Aug 7th) my parents arrived with a Budget truck and with the help of a couple of friends we loaded up my whole apartment that evening. Seeing my place empty didn't actually upset me as much as I thought it would.
If anything the hardest part were the goodbyes. As I saw people for the last time, the good-byes got harder and harder. Mostly because I saw the people I was closest to during the last couple of days. The one thing I worried about the most though was saying goodbye to Jared. A lot of my friends said, oh you will see him at Christmas, or it won't be that bad... But I don't think anyone will ever realize what Jared and I have..... I saw Jared right before I left town, and I don't think I have cried that hard in a long time.... So Jer if you are reading this know I love you and miss you like crazy.
So now I am back in Kamloops for the time being, and who knows where this journey will take me next. All I know is that I want to teach and I pray that it will happen for me this September.
As for Prince George, it won't be goodbye forever... I will be back to visit you can guarantee... I have a wedding to go to, friends to see and perhaps even a baby ;) So I will see you all after the snow melts away!!!

No comments: