Monday, August 28, 2006

shopping day in Kelowna


So this morning my sisters Paula and Julia, and Julia's friend Jen thought it would be fun to go to Kelowna for the day for a day of shopping. So we got up kind of early, and hit the road about 830am.. It was a beautiful day for driving, and we had some fun tunes to sing along to for the car ride. We spent a few hours shopping in the mall, looking at all the things that we wanted but probably couldn't afford. I held back since I don't really have any money. However, I did buy a top from The Gap. It isn't very often I go in there and find things I like.. even though I see people who have cute clothes from The Gap all the time. Once we had done a few laps at the mall, we decided to venture downtown because Julia wanted to go check out Lululemon. Normally when I go to Kelowna I go as far as the mall and then go back home. So it if fairly straightforward. So going downtown was a whole new adventure! Although it wasn't as bad as we expected. So we went into the store, and I just admired the clothing from a far, because quite frankly I can't buy a zip-up hoodie that is worth $86! But Julia did buy me a cute little headband!

Then we decided to hit starbucks, since who doesn't need a little kick to their afternoon! And then then we drove home, so that poor Jen could have a quick nap before working a graveyard shift tonight! The drive home was a blast, I believe there was a bit of singing and interpretive dancing happening in the back thanks to the lovely Julia and Jen. But it was a good day.. Gave me a chance to clear my head a bit and think of something new for a change... Although I would only be lying to myself if I said that my mind didn't wander just slightly.... But the shopping was fun, and if I had the money I probably could have bought more!

No comments: