Tuesday, September 26, 2006

subbing in high school...

So since I have started my time subbing in Merritt, I have found myself being called a lot for high school. The very first time I was called I was kind of freaked out. It was way out of my element... But the day went fairly well.. Since then I have been called for high school many times. I am begining to recognize faces since I have been teaching the same grades in a variety of subjects. There are the ups and downs of high school. It is a plus because for the most part they are very independent and they don't need me to hold their hand the whole time. I tell them there work and for the most part they get it done..I don't have to do a lot of teaching, it is more or less supervising... However, the downside is sometimes they try to test me.. And way more than the little guys do. But I have showed them that I won't take much crap... So in that sense we usually have a good day :) So today is another day where I get to sit and hang out... and make sure they stay on task :) Oh well regardless of how my day ends up it works out to be $190 in my pocket!!!

No comments: