Monday, September 25, 2006

no time for me

Well it is hard to believe that it is almost the end of September. I am not really sure where the time has gone! All I know is that it has gone by way too fast. I have been keeping myself very busy... somedays a little too busy for comfort, but it keeps me out of trouble! Basically during the week my day consists of waking up at 6am, showering and getting ready. Last week I was called every day.. So the phone call usually happens at 645 which gives me 30 min to finish getting ready, have breakfast and pack a bag. I leave here by 715, and make my way to Merritt, and teach for the day. Now the fun part is Wed-Fri I work at CT at 530, so by the time I leave Merritt, and get back to town, I have time to quickly eat something and then head back to work. Oh the joys of working two jobs! And then on the weekends, I am of course at CT because why would I have a life!! So lately I have been working 7 days a week.. I know the money is good, but it is getting a bit tiring.. and I can feel myself getting worn out. However, this morning I did not get a call, so I actually have a whole day off. Yahoo!
But teaching is going well. I have been called to sub at the high school a lot, which is slightly out of my league, but it has been fun! For the most part the students are fairly helpful and well behaved. It is interesting I have taught everything from English, to comparative civ, to cooking, to art and photography! Gives me a little taste of everything. I just hope I don't get called for the sciences, or math...
As for CT it is about as good as it can get. My shifts go by fast, I usually have lots to do, and weekends are usually so busy that it keeps me on my toes. It is sad that a lot of the old staff isn't there anymore, but in a way it is good because it keeps me from going in and visiting for hours!! I have met some of the new staff and have made a couple new friends... Life is always entertaining when I go and visit my boys in the warehouse... Well it is fun until somoene sneaks up on me and scares the crap out of me... He thought it was funny though. :)
Well that is my life currently... more to share soon :)

No comments: