Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year..



Well it is hard to believe that 2006 has come and gone so quickly. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago, that I was entering the last semester of school, enjoying my 10 week practicum and graduating with my second degree, before moving back to Kamloops. Time flies when we are having fun! Well I had no intentions of doing anything big for New years. I just wanted to stay at home, maybe watch some movies, anything low key. I was invited to a couple of parties but nothing really struck an interest. So my friend Kristen and I decided, we would get together for pizza, girl talk and drinks. So she came over and we ate. Then my sister had a couple of friends over, so we played the game "dirty minds". And let me tell you, I never realized how far my mind can go into the gutter before playing this game. So we played a few rounds before my mom came downstairs to tell us it was only five min away til midnight. So we all went upstairs to join my mom's party and to bring in the new year. We all got fancy hats and noise makers! After that we watched some of Dick Clarks rockin' new years, and I spent some time, texting friends Happy New Years wishes, and making a couple of drunken phone calls! It was a really good night, and the best part was when I woke up I felt fine!

New years day was a very lazy day. I watched some of the count down on Much Music, and read and then me and the family played Scene It.
So every year people make new years resolutions, which they tend to never keep. And I am usually one of these people. Like every year I would like to lose weight, and get in better shape. I am on the right track since I have lost 25 pounds since I moved home, and that was just because I stopped eating fast food. So I figure a little exercise, and who knows what it can do! I have also decided that I need to be strong, and stop letting people walk all over me. Although this hasn't been a huge problem in the last few years, there have been certain situations that I would do over again if I could. I also want to make a vow to spend more time with family and friends. And since I can't be with many of my friends in PG, I am making a promise to be better about emails and phone calls :) So we will see what happens with that...

1 comment:

kate said...

Wow D you look fab!! Keep up the good work..i know you can do it! Happy new year! xxx