Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Lady in the Water.


So tonight, as a family we watched the movie "Lady in the Water". I didn't know much about the movie going into it, and I didn't really remember what I had seen for previews. But I knew that the director of this movie was also the guy that did The Sixth Sense, And the Village (which i have not seen yet). So I figured it must be fairly decent. Well the movie starts off a bit slow, as the characters develop and so on, but overall I really enjoyed it. There were a couple of puzzle pieces we as the audience had to put together. There was no huge twist, like in Sixth Sense, but there were a couple parts in the movie that had me on the edge of my seat. And it doesn't help when my mom lets out a giant scream, which then of course leads to us all to jump out of our seats. I enjoyed this movie though for the most part, and my sisters were surprised I wanted to watch it since I am not keen on anything scary. I would like to say that I want to see the Village now because I seem to like his work, but lets take baby steps here... unless someone can convince me that it isn't that scary... One thing I think that amused me was watching the special features after. One of the options was "Lady in the Water" the bedtime story. So I was thinking ok they are going to tell us the myth that this was created for. But it turns out it was a story that he told his kids, and actually turned into a bedtime story for children. Although I would be interested in seeing this book for myself, I can't say that a creepy story is my idea of a bedtime story for my children. But perhaps that is just me!

No comments: