Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Teaching day one ;)

Well this morning, I got a call for teaching. So I was quite thrilled about this. I was also a little thrown off by the call though because I was told I was going to the Community Learning Center. So i was not entirely sure what I was in for. But I was told I was only to be there from 845-12. So I leave a bit earlier than I normally would in case the roads were slippery and because I was not entirely sure where I was going. The roads were not bad and it was easy to find, so I got there with plenty time to spare. So I go in and introduce myself to the other teacher there, and find out that this place is kind of like an alternate school. They have students from around 13-18. Then I was asked how I felt about cooking. And I was like alright.. (thinking oh they are going to cook and I just have to help). NOPE.. Was I ever wrong. The teacher I was subbing for, it was his day to cook lunch.. which means I got to cook. So then I was asked what I like to cook, or what I could cook. I didn't want to admit I can't cook ANYTHING so I said simple things... So he suggessted Spaghetti. So they sent me to the groecery store to get the stuff I needed. And then I came back. And there was a student who helped me out. And all I have to say is thank goodness for her, or things probably wouldn't have gone so smoothly. She said she loved to cook, so that was good. Now for any of you who truly know me, you will understand and appreciate the fact that I was able to cook this meal to feed 20 people, I didn't burn the building down and the food tasted good! I was invited to stay for lunch :) So although it was only a part day, it was a good one ;) And even better because I get at least one days pay for the month of january!

No comments: