Tuesday, December 05, 2006

streak is over... (hopefully)

So I got up this morning, like every other morning and started getting ready for the day with hopes the phone would ring. And around 650am it did just that. It actually made me jump a little when it rang, I haven't heard it do it that early in so long! haha. So I was called to go to an Elm. school to play librarian/prep teacher. So I packed a lunch and headed out. Lucky for me the roads were clear, so it didn't actually take me as long as I thought it would to get there. Anyway so the librarian was there this morning, he had a workshop to go to, so we chatted and he told me about the day. It seemed pretty easy. At 9am I picked up the grade 5 class and took them to the computer lab. They did "all the right type" and then they got to play educational games. Then I took them back to class. Then i went and got the grade 2 class, but we just went to the gym for a performance. It was four young guys from PEI, I think they called themselves Chucky Danger Band. They were very entertaining (and not bad looking I must say haha). The four of them came out, dressed alike in Black suits, and they had all the little ones dancing in their seats! Some of the lyrics I think would have gone over the student's head (and maybe for the best) but regardless the students all seemed to really enjoy the show. Then it was recess... And then after recess I took the grade 6 class for 45 min. Then I was on my lunchbreak from 1130-1230 because I had to have the library open for students at 1230. So I did that. Then this afternoon I was with the grade one class, we got new books from the library, I read them a story, and then we went to the gym for PE. They were definatly a lively bunch. And it made me so happy to be back in the teaching environment again. Then the last 30 min I got to shelf books. It was a really good day that went by very fast! I can only hope this means I get a few more calls this month before Christmas break. I missing being in the action :)

No comments: