Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas is over :(


Its funny how there is so much build up to Christmas, and then after one day it is over. As of December 1st, I begin to get very excited for christmas. The Christmas carols start to play, and I attempt to start my Christmas shopping. This year I really got into things, and I may have bought one too many gifts. But I just couldn't help it, I just kept seeing things that would be so perfect for individuals. And I mailed out, I don't know how many Christmas cards, and gave out 65 alone at work. My mom kept commenting on how many I would recieve in return in the mail. It made me feel really special :) But it also made me really miss my friends in PG. The build up to Christmas with the rush in working in a retail store, was not the most enjoyable, but I have been doing it for so long, I sort of just dealt with it. Christmas eve was an alright day. I had to work, so anything and everything you could think of went wrong. I was dropping things and stuff like that so it started off rough. Then I was trying to design an end, and the store manager came by and was critizing, and then one of my coworkers was being a pain in the butt, and was attempting to boss me around, and then was making fun of me. And enough was enough, so I had a minor breakdown in the bathroom. But then when work was over I came home to a fondue dinner with my family which was nice. Then like traditions past, we each got to open one gift. And then we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I however only saw the first 20 min or so and then I fell alseep!!
Christmas morning we were up around 730, which is late for our house. The "children" opened their stockings and then the parents opened theirs. And then my mom played Santa as she passed out gifts, and we watched as each person opened their gift. I was quite spoiled, I got some children's books (all four of the Robert Munch collection series, and Charlottes Web) Some teacher stamps (super cool), a new jewelery box, a popcorn maker, some perfume and other goodies. I was spoiled! Then we spent the day just relaxing. A couple of girls who I went to high school with stopped by and we caught up. And then that night we had our huge turkey dinner which was soooo good. Then that night me and my sisters went for a drive to look at lights, and to drive by Future Shop to see the idiots in line. (on a side note I read in the paper that the guy who was first in line was there around 4pm on the 24th!!!!!!). Boxing day I was a sucker for deals, and I hit the mall, but didn't last long. It was really really busy. However I did clean up on some good deals. And I jumped on the apple train and I bought myself an iPod!!! It is a video 30G. I got it at Costco, so it would have been that price at any time. But I just had this desire to have one. So that has been my newest toy, putting music on it and playing games. And then yesterday I bought a little FM transmitter thing so that I could play it in my car!
All and all it was a good couple of days. It is just so sad to think that it has come and gone already for another year. I guess now I look forward to New Years. Although as of yet there are no plans in the making!

No comments: