Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wild Lights


Well for the past few years, it has been tradition for me to go to the "Wild Lights" out at the Wildlife park before Christmas. What the park does is sets up a ton of led lights and they are in shapes of animals, flowers, homes etc. It is kind of a cool thing to walk through and look at. And then the train is decorated, and you get to ride the train through the park. I remember one of the first years I went was with Jared, and we were so impressed with these little lights, that gave us so much light. Who would have known the following year the LED lights would be such a big hit! Anyway so Jared and I started going as our "date". We would bundle up, go look at the lights and then go for dinner at the White Spot. Well when we moved to PG two years ago, that tradition was broken. But I have tried to go with my sisters so that I at least get to see the lights! Well Tuesday night, Julia Nicole and I went. Its funny cuz as much as I look forward to it every year, I usually leave and think why did I just pay 10$ for that! Well this year they have added some new features. There is the dragon, which looks pretty cool. And the symphony of lights. There is music playing and the lights move to the beat of the music. It was a fairly warm night, so we didn't freeze! I think the most fun though is to observe the children around you and see how they react to everything. Because seeing anything through children's eyes is always way more beautiful. I was glad that the girls went with me though, because I was sad that Jared and I would not have our date this year since he is still in Prince George. Maybe next year jer :)

No comments: