Thursday, November 23, 2006

winter may have finally arrived....


Well since I have been back in Kamloops, I have been lucky enough to have beautiful weather. The last month of the summer was nice and hot. September and October were also very mild, and I loved it.. I started hearing about snow in Prince George, and I had to laugh a little bit and thank my lucky stars that I was not there. Since I am sure everyone knows just how much I detest driving in the snow. Then it started to cool off slightly here, and we had a mild snow storm. Which made my drive to Merritt the next morning interesting. I made it safely, but I did see a car in the ditch which scared me slightly. Then by the afternoon the sun had come out, and all the snow disappeared. And once again it has been very mild, yet windy. However, this morning I got up with hopes of teaching (which was a no go by the way) and saw that overnight the snow had fallen. And although it is about 3 degrees right now with a high of 6, I think winter has arrived. They are promising more snow in the forecast for the weekend. And my highlight of the weather update was the fact that Saturday should be a high of -7 and on Sunday we should get to a high of -10!!!!!! I guess it is time to suck it up, put on my winter jacket and at least pretend that I love this weather! If the snow would just stay on the trees, and the grass I would think it was beautiful. It is when it is on the roads that causes me to hate it so much. I know that I can be cautious and drive properly but it is all the other idiots around me. Plus with my drive to Merritt now, it scares me even more. However, I don't really have to worry about that since appearantly I am not needed to work!!! The last day I worked was Nov 10th!!!! Oh well... I am sure the jobs will pick up again soon...

No comments: