Friday, November 24, 2006

what ppl will do for a sale (part 2)

So I had a pretty lazy day today, I figured that I should enjoy my time off before entering my own personal nightmare tonight... So our neighbor kindly picked Julia up for me at 430, and she comes home, walks into my room and say "you are in for a treat tonight'. And I was like why. So she begins to tell me, one of the cashiers called in sick, the debit lines went down (but appearantly it went down globally cuz the mall wasn't working either) and people were already phoning and enquiring about the 7pm timed specials, and people were complaining that they couldn't get them beforehand etc. So I was like oh good! So Laura comes over, we talk with Julia for a few more min, and then off to work we went. I got there at 5 and yes it was slightly busy, but nothing could prepare me for what came. Around 6:05 I saw a few people hanging around the pallet that we knew had the sewing machines on it.. And I was like you have got to be kidding me, the sale doesn't start for 55 min... There was one lady who grabbed a stool and perched herself in front of the pallet, she was determined to get one of these sewing machines. And then I start having people ask me about the digital cameras and I said they will be at the auto desk at 7. Well within the next 55 min things got scary. It got to the point where you couldn't even walk by where the sewing machines, there were probably 80-100 people, min. And the lineup for the cameras was along along the back wall which was great because we only had 9 cameras!!! I was told that I was going to be cutting open the pallets. or at least one of them (since they were wrapped in tarps). But I said thanks, but I would rather keep my limbs... so I made the guys do it. So at 7pm our store manager made the announcement, and they cut into them. I could only see a couple of the pallets (where a pressure washer was and a dora doll) cuz I was up on cash, but within 30 seconds there were people flooding to the tils. I kept joking with the customers that got the sewing machines, and asked if they had to fight! it was seriously insane... And tomorrow we have 4 more door crashers for 8am.. and lucky me I will be there for it. Wish me luck!

No comments: