Monday, November 27, 2006

what happens at the Christmas party... stays at the Christmas party...

Well after surviving a crazy Saturday at work... the second day of the two day sale, I was able to get off at 430, and head down to the mall to have my makeup done for the Christmas party. So i arrived at the Body Shop and Marci was very happy to see me, and was excited to glam me up. So i was there for about 45 min or so, we chatted, and she made me look great! At times I sort of felt as though I had my own personal audience, as people would come into the store, and stop to see what was going on. But when I left, Marci and the other girls just kept telling me how great I looked. So that is always a confidence booster. Anyway so then I raced home, and got changed, and had a drink while I tried to fix my hair. Then my ride came for me about 6:15 and off to the party we went. I had a lot of fun, perhaps a little too much to drink. I bought 6 drink tickets when I got there, and I am pretty sure within the first 30 min, I used most of them. Every time I was almost done one drink, I would give my ticket to this guy Lucas to go get me another one, so I always had one going. The food was pretty good, but then again I was just hungry so that might have helped... my sister said she didn't really like it! Anyway in the past the Christmas parties have always been fun because there has always been a group of us who have gone and partied it up. But when I came back to work this time around, there were so many new faces, and many of the younger staff all usually act as if they are too cool for social functions. So I was kind of wondering about the turn out. But there was actually quite a few of us there, and it seemed like everyone was having a good time! So before they started to hand out pins, and awards the owner comes up to me and asked if I had a camera, and if I could take pictures. I said yes, but everyone at my table just laughed at me because they were like uh does he realize you are drunk! haha.. Oh well, some turned out, others not so much. And normally I am not one for the dance floor.. But I couldn't resist the invite to dance with my darlin Bob, when the song Amazed by Lonestar came on... And later on a group of us did the YMCA and the Macarena... Yes that is right we all got up there and danced away! I know some of you are probably cringing at the thought of that dance, but I thought we were very amusing to watch. Especially the older staff, who wanted to partake but didn't really have a clue what the moves were...
So yesterday at work was a little bit painful to say the least. At least I was not alone. Things at work were kind of mellow as we all dragged our way through the day. And we all had a good laugh, as we remembered bits and pieces of the night and tried to piece the evening together :) So I have tons of pictures.... so if you are interested in seeing me drunk with a whole bunch of people you don't know check them out. They are posted on my msn space, but I am pretty sure I have it set up for everyone to have access to. The address is: http://deedleanne.spaces.live.com/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c02_owner=1
Sorry as soon as I figure out how to make that an actually link I can change it.. but in the mean time maybe you can copy and paste the text... So if you go there, and then click on photos (in the folder that says Christmas party you should come across them

No comments: