Friday, November 24, 2006

what people will do for a sale (part one)

Well this morning, since I did not get called to teach (yet again) I decided to be a nice big sister and drive Julia to work this morning. As we were getting closer to CT I said to her, "How many people do you think are lined up at the door?" Today and tomorrow marks the "biggest 2 day sale" which means people everywhere. Well there were cars in the parking lot, but no one was at the door yet.. I went inside to change my schedule for today, I figured I might as well go in a little big early, and then I stopped at the morning huddle to say good luck to everyone. Well at about 5 min before the doors are to be open, we look outside and sure enough there was about 20 ppl waiting outside to come in. And poor Julia is the only cashier/customer service girl on.. So they open the door, and the people just start pouring in and make there way around the store. I stood and just watched as a few people headed over to Christmas and loaded themselves up with stuff from the 2 day flier. And this was only at 8am this morning. Tonight at 7pm we have our 4 timed specials. Personally I don't really think anything in the flier this year is worth waiting in huge lines for, but what do I know. However, we have 4 pallets wrapped in tarps that say on them "do not open til Nov 24th at 7pm).. 3 years ago when CT started this tradition of this huge sale we did it as a midnight madness.. That night I have never been so scared! I have seen it in movies where ppl are fighting over products, never in my time did I actually think people actually did that... Since then the crowds haven't been as intense, but still they are pushing to get there way. I start at 5 tonight... so I will have to let you know how it goes... but I have a feeling I am going to be running off my feet... until then...

No comments: