Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ode to my neighborhood!

I thought I would just take a minute and share a picture with everyone. A couple of weeks ago, this is what I got to look at when I looked out my window! Talk about an apartment with a view! I am not sure exactly what happened. I think perhaps the people who were renting, left, and it was the poor owners trying to clean it out. However this is the nice pile of "garbage" within the duplex that sat on the front lawn for weeks.

So it has been two years now since I moved to Prince George. Prior to moving here, my mom and I made a weekend trip to scope out places to live. I talked to my friends boyfriend, told me to stay away from a street called Abahu. A lady from work told me to stay away from streets with "tree names". So when we got here and we talked to the lady at the front desk at Esthers in she showed us a map and marked the areas to stay away from and both areas previously mentioned were circled! So my mom and I hit the pavement the next day, and of course the place I am living in I had fallen in love with on the internet. Not so much because of it's appearance but it just seemed like such a happy place to live (I guess that is how they sell things online!) Anyway so end of August rolls around and I move up here and I think to myself this is kind of interesting. I guess I didn't really pay attention to the neighborhood. Then I had interesting evenings with the girl who lived across the hall. cops came a couple of times. But neighbors in my building came and went. And in fact although the neighborhood was kind of run down I never really had a lot of complaints. Until the above duplex had their most recent tenants. There were always ppl coming and going and sometimes I wondered just how many ppl lived there. One night I woke up to the sound of smashing glass, looked out the window and someone had a 2x4 in their hand and was smashing in the front window. And then a few weeks ago I witnessed a man trying to throw a woman out of the place. (which I then called the cops). Which brings us back to present day where I got to look at that lovely image for days on end. It has since been cleaned up... however I am pretty sure I will not miss living here :) And any time I do all I will have to do is look at the pictures and I am pretty sure I will get over it :) haha .

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Well I guess only time will tell, but I am pretty sure I won't miss it :)