Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Evolution of Dance

So on the radio this morning during the entertainment news segment, they were talking about how this website "you tube" was bought buy google. I was only half paying attention and I didn't really know what they were talking about. Well I didn't work today, so I was able to watch Ellen, and she was also talking about this.. Google bought it for like 1.6 billion dollars or something like that. Anyway this website is a place where can ppl upload their videos for others to watch. So Ellen had a guest on her show today who has a video on this website. It is called the Evolution of Dance. It is a 6 min clip, and he basically goes through the era's of dance. On her show he did the two min version, and I couldn't help but laugh as he did the twist, and then went into something like mc hammer, he had all the moves. So after that I had to check this site out. So I watched his 6 min clip and I reccommend if you have 6 min on your hands to check it out. Just go to to www.youtube.com and search for the evolution of dance...Then you can count and see how many of those dance moves you remember! Make sure you get the clip with the guy in the orange shirt that is 6 min long. The amazing thing is how quickly this obviously took off.. Cuz when I searched it again later to show my sister, I noticed other versions... So I watched a couple, there were a couple of guys who redid it for a talent show, and a group of girls who did it.
As interesting as it is, and like I said you should check it out... I find it highly amusing that people would record themselves for whatever reason and put it on the internet for others to watch. But then again I find it more interesting to think that people have nothing better to do than watch these clips... But I guess I have become one of those people now! haha.

No comments: