Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Trip to the Big City :)


Saturday morning, I got up around 730 and ran around the house trying to do all the last minute things before I left for my trip to Vancouver. Around 10am Ashleigh arrived, we put her stuff in the car, and off we went. I was slightly nervous about driving into Vancouver, but I figured, I had map quested the directions so I should be fine. The first stop was going to be at the Olive Garden in Langley. Well we got off the highway no problem, but within a couple minutes we were lost. Its amazing how if you miss one turn, you mess up everything! Anyway I was able to fix the mistake quickly and we got to the Olive Garden, where we met up with the girls friend Leah, and we had lunch. I had never been to an Olive Garden, and food was amazing. So after lunch we got back in the car, where I again got lost (oops) but once I figured out where we were going we were back on the freeway. We experienced a bit of the rush hour traffic but it wasn't too bad. Finding the hotel turned out to be not so bad. So we pulled into the Blue Horizon on Robson just after 5, checked in and took our bags to our room. We had a really nice room, with a view of Robson street so that was cool. So we decided that we should go for a walk. Bad idea. We didn't think to grab the umbrella out of the trunk of my car, so within a few min we were pretty wet. We tried to stay undercover as much as possible though. So we gave up on Shopping, went to Moxies for dinner and called it a night.

Day 2
On Sunday we slept in, took our time getting ready and walked down to the skytrain station, where we caught the train to Metrotown. However along the way we bought some umbrellas because there was no way we were going to spend a second day looking like drowned rats! I was able to meet up with Tammy and Tom, and then later on our cousin Kelsey met up with us as well. It was good to see everyone. And I got to go to Old Navy so it was a win win situation!! When we finished up at metrotown we got back on the sky train, and went back to the hotel to rest, and drop off our stuff. Then that night we went to Red Robins for dinner (another highlight for me) and had a fairly early night.

Day 3

Once again we slept in. We woke up to see the sun shining and I couldn't have been any happier. We decided to walk down to Pacific Centre, and wander around that mall for a bit, but there wasn't as much in it as I remembered. So then we just walked back up Robson and hit a few more stores that we wanted to. Then we came back to the hotel room to rest up and freshen up for the big night!! We met Kelsey for dinner at Milestones, and then she walked with us to GM Place... where I got to see the Pussycat Dolls and Christina Aguilera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Pussycat Dolls were pretty much exactly what I expected. They were originally show girls, so I sort of felt like I was at a strip club with a couple of girls singing haha... Then there was a short intermission and then the real show began.
The concert was unbelievable. Christina is amazing. Plus it was such a cool experience to see a concert at GM Place, I have never seen so many people in my life.. She performed for about an hour and a half, and I was seriously in my glory the whole night. After the show, we just went back to the hotel room and began to pack and talked about how much fun we had!


Day 4
Well this was sort of a sad day. I was so excited for this little road trip so when it came to an end I was disappointed. It all came so fast. But we got up fairly early and checked out by 930. Then we drove to IKEA and shopped for two hours (once again I was in my glory). I seriously love that place. I picked up a few things, and mentally added at least a hundred things to my wish list!!! Then we drove to Chilliwack and stopped at the Best Western for lunch, where we met up with my mom and my Aunt Kim. So that was really nice. Then we followed mom back to Grandma's and had a short visit with her before we were back on the road. The trip home took a lot longer than it should have though because there had been a rock slide near hope, so there was a detour. And then lucky for me I hit some snow at the tollbooth and fog... always so much fun. So we finally got home around 630!! It was a long day but it was worth it.
This trip was one so much fun... I am so glad I got to see Christina live.. and I am am hoping to go to another concert at GM place soon :)

No comments: