Thursday, February 08, 2007

Oscar Movies...

So my mom and I decided that we would like to take in as many Oscar nomniated movies, before the actual show.. Every year we actually say this, saying we want to see the movies that are being nominated. So far I am off to a rocky start. I saw Little Miss Sunshine just after Christmas and it is nominated for a few awards. It is actually a really cute movie. I didn't know much about it when we started it, but had me laughing and crying.... Most recently my mom and I had an evening out and went and saw Dream Girls. I have heard so much hype about the movie, that I had to check it out. The biggest buzz of course is about American Idol contestent Jennifer Hudson. I have to say she was not one of my fav's during season 3. However, she got rid of any doubt in my mind... this girl can sing. In the movie when she sings, "and I am telling you"... she actually gave me goosebumps. She was absolutly phenomal... I know she won the Golden Globe best supporting actress, and I truly believe that she deserves to take the Oscar home in that category as well. I am not a huge Beyonce fan, but I really liked her in this movie as well.. Also Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx... both did superb jobs.. I liked the movie so much I went out the next day and bought the soundtrack. I would like to go see the movie again, but I am not too sure that I can convince either of my sisters to go. But I highly recommend this movie.

No comments: