Monday, December 18, 2006


So last night Julia, Nicole and I decided to go see Charlotte's Web. The movie is based on the book written by E.B White. I remember reading the book as a child, and I always remember loving the store. I think I even saw the cartoon version of the movie years ago. The previews made the movie look pretty good, but I am such a child at heart it doesn't take much to excite me. During the previews I saw one for Shrek 3 and I got very excited. Anyway the story follows a little girl Fern, and her love for a pig who was born a runt. She saved his life, and as he wins the animals over in the born, they save his life in some ways too. All to the amazing words spun in a web of the wonderful spider Charlotte. I really enjoyed the movie, it was nothing spectacular, or mind blowing, it was just a simple story, very smiliar to the book. There were some kids in the audience and I believe they liked it to. I am thinking this is a book I would like to share with my class someday, and then perhaps show them the movie as a reward. Dakona Fanning, does a great job of Fern. She is such a great actress, althouhg you do not really see her excel in this role. The main characters in the film were the animals, so she was not the center of the film. Wilbur the pig (who was actually played by 100's of pigs) was very cute, and dear Julia could barely contain her excitement. (she loves pigs). So if you are like me and you are a child at heart, or if you remember loving this story as a child I am sure you will enjoy this movie!

No comments: